- Our library is a learning resource center for reading, research and homework.
- We must work quietly when we are using the library.
- We whisper to show consideration to other library users around us.
- We must follow instructions and respect the librarians at all times.
- All library Items are to be checked out at the main counter.
- Please line up properly when borrowing and returning books.
- Do return books, magazines and other resources to their correct places after use.
- All rearranged furniture must be returned to their original order after use.
- Drinking, eating, running and playing are not allowed in the library. Water bottles are permitted. We must keep the library tidy.
- Library computers are used for library catalogue use and research only. Email/Chats/Games are not allowed.
All SEK students must present their Student Card when checking out library books.
|Borrower||No. of Loans||Loan Period|
|PYP Students||2 books
|MYP and DP Students||3 books
You should return books on or before the due date. Books may be returned to the book drop at the circulation counter.
You can renew a library book up to 3 times. You must bring the book to the counter to renew it or renew it online via the library catalogue anytime before the due date. A book can't be renewed if it is requested by another student, or if you have overdue books.
Overdue and Losses
There is no charge for overdue items. If an item is lost or damaged, you will receive a letter with the information on the replacement cost at the end of each term. Replacement costs should be paid as soon as possible. All library fines should be cleared as soon as possible. You may not check out any more items until library fines are paid or lost books are returned.
Overdue notices will be sent by email or letter. The first notice will be sent at the end of each term. Afterwards, a second notice will be sent. If an item is not returned during the next week after the second notice, a payment notice will be send home to the parents to cover the costs of a replacement copy.
The book collection contains fiction and non-fiction books for research and reading. Fiction books are shelved alphabetically by the author's surname. Non-fiction books are shelved in numerical order using the Dewey classification system.
The library has the following fiction collections and the primary school collections are colour-coded.
||Red and Green
|Fiction Grade 5||I***
||Red and Green|
|Fiction Grades 6-10
| Fiction Grades 11-12||F|
COMPUTER USE GUIDELINES
- The library computers are open for student use. They are for library catalogue use only. The use of computer games and emails is not allowed any time.
- You need to ask for permission if you want to use a computer for school related projects. You can get the permission at the counter. No more than 2 students may be at a computer at one time.